News > Forklift clutch adjustment and maintenan…
Forklift clutch adjustment and maintenance replacement method
The forklift clutch is installed between the engine and the transmission. It is an assembly in the forklift driveline that is directly connected to the engine. The forklift clutch is usually installed with the flywheel of the engine crankshaft, and is one of the forklift accessories that cuts off and transmits power between the engine and the forklift transmission system.
Adjustment of forklift clutch
The clutch pressure plate assembly has been strictly adjusted before loading, ensuring that the three release levers are coplanar and that this plane is parallel to the release surface of the release bearing. Users generally do not need to adjust it during use. If there is incomplete coupling during the use, cannot be completely separated or the free travel of the separated bearings is not suitable, please refer to the following methods to adjust:
1. When the forklift clutch is not completely separated, the general situation is that the clearance of the release bearing is too large. At this time, the lock nut 12 on the tie rod 10 should be loosened, and then the nut 11 should be adjusted until the free travel of the release bearing The clearance between the release bearing and the three release levers of the pressure plate is between 2mm and 3mm, and finally the lock nut 12 can be locked.
2. When the forklift clutch slips, the general situation is that the release bearing is still pressed on the release lever, which does not guarantee the proper free stroke. At this time, the clutch cover 8 can be removed, the nut 7 can be loosened, and the ball pin is turned clockwise. 6. After the free travel of the release bearing reaches between 2mm and 3mm, tighten the nut 7 again and it can be used normally.
3. Inspection of forklift clutch
If the above-mentioned adjustments have not been resolved, you should check the driven disk assembly for problems. During the operation of the forklift engine, an abnormal noise was heard in the clutch housing; or if it was found that there was no problem with the release bearing and the release fork after the clutch malfunctioned, and after adjusting the clearance of the release bearing, the clutch still could not be used normally. There was a problem with the assembly.
Clutch maintenance method
When it is determined that the driven disk assembly is damaged, it should be replaced in time. The specific method is as follows:
1.Remove the lock nut and adjusting nut first, withdraw the lever, and then remove the clutch cover. Use three M8 × 35 screws to screw into the three bolt holes corresponding to the pressure plate until it reaches the gap between the pressure plate and the friction plate.
2, remove the separation fork.
3. Turn the upper adjustment screw 5 of the gearbox counterclockwise to make the gearbox I shaft retract into the gearbox;
4.Remove the six M8 × 20 bolts 13 fixing the clutch platen, disengage the platen from the flywheel, and then take out the old friction plate assembly.
5. When inserting a new friction plate assembly, pay attention to the longer end of the disc hub spline sleeve facing the gearbox.
6. Turn the adjustment screw clockwise, and gradually pull out the I-shaft of the gearbox to insert it into the spline hole of the friction disc hub.
7. When it is judged that the I-axis of the gearbox has entered the intermediate bearing of the flywheel, continue to rotate the adjustment screw until it cannot be screwed, and then turn the adjustment screw counterclockwise for one cycle.
8. Fix the pressure plate on the flywheel with 6 M8 × 20 bolts 13 and tighten evenly (torque is between 20N • m ～ 30N • m).
9. Attach the separation fork and remove the three M8 × 35 hex socket screws.
10. After installing the tie rods in sequence, adjust the nut and lock nut, and then adjust the free travel of the bearing (the specific adjustment steps are the same as above).
11. Precautions for operation
1) Separate quickly and thoroughly, and soft and smooth when joining.
2) During the driving of the forklift, it is not allowed to use the semi-engaged clutch to reduce the vehicle speed; it is not allowed to always put your feet on the clutch pedal to make the clutch in a semi-released state.
3) The surface of the clutch friction plate must not be stained with oil.
4) The release bearing assembly should be filled with grease once every 100 hours of cumulative operation of the forklift.
5) The tightening torque of the seven M10 × 35 bolts connecting the clutch housing and the engine flywheel shell is 50 N • m ～ 55N • m (Note: These 7 bolts need to be checked frequently to ensure that their tightening torque meets the requirements).
Installation and replacement of forklift clutch
1. Before installing the forklift clutch, clean the clutch, the friction surface of the pressure plate, and remove the anti-rust grease and debris.
2. The clutch plate and pressure plate are installed between the flywheel and the shaft of the gearbox. Neither the driving part nor the driven part is allowed to move. After installation, lock the shaft spring.
3. When the oil clutch works, the gearbox oil must be added between the friction plates, and the part immersed in the oil is about 3/4 of the clutch volume.